Dementia Care Units are licensed specifically for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or other dementias. These secure, specialized facilities offer services and structure specially designed to accommodate those with various dementias. The staff has had specialized training in caring for those with dementia and related diseases. This level of care offers twenty-four hour supervision, secure units (locked), meals, activities, and care services specific to each resident.
- The cost ranges from $3500-$5000 per month.
- Medicare does not pay for Dementia Care Units.
- Medicaid may pay for Dementia Care Units, if the facility carries a Medicaid contract. This does not guarantee that the facility will accept Medicaid clients.
- Most Long Term Care insurance policies will cover this level of care.
- Secure Environment for those who are exit-seeking
- Trained Staff specifically for memory care
- 24hr awake care for those with sundowners